Tell Me a Secret

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Hi! I missed you all, I have been away for sometime, because the phone lines aren't working, internet doesn't work, mobile network didn't work too for sometime and now its working again but it sucks, so I have to go out to an internet cafe to check my mail every couple of days, today in my way to the cafe, I noticed that the line on the gas station is long to the point that, I swear god, I couldn't see the end of it although I was standing on a point few meters higher than the cars, it was a long line, kilometers of cars. electricity is cutting again, we had only like 10 days where electricity almost wasn't cutting at all, it was like heaven (although now I am having doubts whether they have 24 hours of electricity in heaven or not, I mean I cant picture how is it gona be with 24-7 electricity) but now we are back to it, its not that bad thought, we are spending almost 8 hours without electricity, why only 8 hours? Cause the weather is not that hot, so people use less air condetioning than they used to, which means less power consuming and more electricity hours. let me tell you a story! :) yesterday (or was it the day before?) I went out to the market, just 100 meters away from our place, to bring tomato paste, cause it was lunch our but we are out of tomato paste and mom needs tomato paste to make lunch, now usually I call the market and they deliver it to me, but now, with no phone lines working, I had to move my lazy ass and go get it myself, when I reached the market I found that it was closed:( so I turned back with my tail between my legs, disappointed and hungry, aw I forgot to tell you that I had no money too, cause usually we don't pay the market when we buy immediately, we pay him every ten days or two weeks, anyways, so I was disappointed, hungry and with no money (could it be any worst?), that's when I saw.....a taxi! And I solved the problem at once! I stopped the taxi. lazy, money-less and hungry me: Assalamo alaykom poor taxi driver: alaykom assalam! ( I was like: hohoho you don't know what I am hiding for you) lazy, money-less and hungry me: I need you to take me to any supermarket, give me money to buy something and then take me back home where I will give you your money:D poor taxi driver: sure man! so I jumped in, and we went to the nearest market, he gave me all the money in his pocket, which was hardly enough to buy my tomato paste, and then he waited for me till I bought it and got back to him and took me back home:D :)) isn't that nice? end of story one. story number two: at 12am, power came so I went out to turn off the generator, with my giant torch light in one hand, and my gun in the other one. I was about to get back in when I noticed a car stopping in the middle of the street right in front of the house, like 20 meters away, but even with power on it was very dark out there cause the lights of the street doesn't work, anyways, aw aw I forgot to say that a minute before I heard shooting, an AK47 sound for sometime, so when I saw the car in the middle of the road I thought that someone tried to Car jack this car and trouble happened, maybe they couldn't for some reason, maybe the car owner is injured now or deaed, so I automatically directed my light towards the car, that's when I saw like 10 American soldiers surrounding the poor driver who is kneeling on the ground, and it was one moment only till I realized what was happenings, and thank GOD it was only a moment till I switched the light off, believe me, in these situations, a big guy like myself, with a gun and a light is a good candidate for getting a head shot. so I stepped few steps back, trying to indicate any sign that they saw me, getting ready to throw my gun in the bushes, but after few seconds nothing happened, so I put the light away and the gun, and went back to see what is happening, it turned out that few American vehicles where standing there in the street, its a patrol but in a dark street and with no lights, and normally the tank makes a noise but I thought that it was one of the neighbors generators, so anyways, this guy in the car who turned out to be my neighbor felt like taking a spin in the middle of the night, crazy I know, but the guy is in the neighborhood only, so he came out of the street fast, and didn't see all these guys in the dark, they shoot his car (yes that is the shooting, it wasn't an AK47, it was an M16) and dragged the man and interrogated him, one of the soldiers came in front of my door, I asked him: what's wrong? ( I didn't know the story of the neighbor then) he didn't look at me and didn't answer, I asked again, WHAT'S WRONG? He was only three or four meters away, he said without looking at me: a man was running away. I stood there watching, in a minute another car came, as soon as I noticed him they screamed HEEYYYYY and started to shoot at him!! I swear GOD! He stopped the car and they dragged this one too who wasn't going fast at all, and started to interrogate him too, at this moment I was hiding behind the wall to make sure I don't get any lost bullet by mistake, and mom woke up when they shoot the car and when she discovered that I am out she started screaming COOMEE INNN.. haha mothers! anyways, in a minute another poor victim coming home from GOD knows where, in the same street, alose didn't see the tough guys and their guns and they started to shoot at his car, and he stopped and got off the car and started to crawl on the ground toward a dumpster close to him. thank GOD no now was hurt, but few wholes in the cars. now when I review the scene I laugh, imagine people coming home and a patrol standing isn't he darkness shooting everyone that comes close to it, I don't know, the whole scene was funny. I am sure these tough guys went to their base and reported that they cleaned the area from terrorists, and wrote letters to their mothers telling them that they are doing great and treating everyone the best they can, and that everyone is happy and life is great in Iraq, just like Allawi did in his speech to the congress, I am sure that as soon as he finished a lot of Americans packed their bags and decided to come to Iraq as tourists, its all pink and shiny in Iraq...Really..Allawi said that, our leader, and Bushbush and Rami too, they wouldn't lie to us, would they?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator