Tell Me a Secret: Where are you Bloggrs?

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Where are you Bloggrs?

Hello everyone!
:)
I know, it’s been a long, long time.
its funny, Riverbend doesn’t blog regularly so I and Raed get emails asking where is Riverbend all the time, and then I stopped blogging so Raed started to get emails asking where is Khalid and Riverbend? And now Raed stopped blogging so I got emails asking where are you and Raed and Riverbend?
:))
Since Riverbend and Raed made it finally, and posted something, I guess it’s my turn now.
I have been working for the last... Umm... two months maybe... on the registration process in a university here, in Jordan. see, I was arrested like two months before my final exams, of the final year, so if I could stay in Iraq and had those exams, I would have been a graduated engineer by now, but since I couldn’t, I had to find a University to continue studying in it, and it has been such a difficult task, because environmental engineering is a new thing in this region, and I took time to find a university that has this department, and to do the registration, and to do all the paper work both in Baghdad (by friends ) and here in Amman too, and to have the university recognize all what I studied before so I don’t start all over, and after huge, huge efforts, I just finished today, and I might have to study for TWO years to graduate, thank God for everything, always.
the sort of efforts I am talking about, the distances I walked from one office to another, one desk to another, one official to another, one building to another, if I spent these efforts and walked that same distance between tables working as a waiter, I would have made enough money to build my own university and issue an engineering certificate for myself.
But I am happy I am done anyways, and I am thankful for the results, like always.
today, I went out with Majid to the cinema, we watched " The Island " and I loved it, The Island would be the perfect son that results from a marriage between The Matrix, and the novel of 1984.
Its full of science fiction and cool graphics (without showing off, just as much as needed), but tells the story of a society, in 2019.
I think that the movie is made to condemn a certain way of behavior and thinking, in a certain medium in the USA, it talks about "contamination" that the government uses to scare people and prevent them from doing certain things, or going to certain places, and talking or listening to certain people, because they are "contaminated" and should be feared, and how people believe it, and in the same time, how the government treats those who even begin to question the system.
It's a good movie, and I never believed when the movie was over, that I spent two and a half hours continuously staring at that screen, like in any good movie, I totally lost the sense of time.
I hope that you all are fine; I wish you a good day.
                                                                                  me*    

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Khalid,

I'm so glad you are well. We missed you and worried about your well-being (too much maybe)!

A,

I'm in NYC with your younger brother, where are you?

Z

9/30/2005 01:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Khalid,

Greetings!

Good to know that a life interrupted, can go on... without the hurt overwhelming your life.


*Z, I'll be in New Haven CT 06511 soon. Shut up. Please.*

9/30/2005 03:20:00 AM  
Blogger Khalid said...

Guys, this is a public forum not the white board in your apartment! send each other emails for God's sake!
haha:)
just kidding guys:) thanks for your comments:)
khalid*

9/30/2005 09:34:00 AM  
Blogger emigre said...

Hello, very happy to see you blogging (it has, been a looong loooong time. But worth every moment waiting).

9/30/2005 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger ChildrenVoiceIraq said...

Dear KHALID JARRAR, My name is Ala'a and I am from the Nineveh Province of Iraq. I have started a new Blog intending to tell others what it is like to be a child living and growing up in Iraq and suffering under UN sanctions, Saddam, wars, American invasion, and now terrorists. I hope to give a voice to the millions of Iraqi children all who have suffered and many who have died. I hope to tell about their lives and share their stories so the world can know what life is like for children in Iraq. I hope you might find some time to visit my Blog www.childrensvoiceiraqkids.blogspot.com . If you like what I am trying to do I hope you will link to my blog from yours and maybe tell your readers about "Children's Voice From Iraq" I enjoy reading your blog and I would be interested in any comments, suggestions or stories you might have for my Blog. I will hope to hear from you. Thank you very much! Salam, Ala'a

9/30/2005 12:40:00 PM  
Blogger Mimi Fink said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/30/2005 08:37:00 PM  
Blogger Mimi Fink said...

Welcome back to your blog, Khalid! We have a saying in American, "When a door slams in your face, God opens another one." So, step through the new door, dear one, and may you have an enjoyable and profitable adventure. Have you visited http://bogglingthemind.blogspot.com lately?
Mimi

9/30/2005 08:42:00 PM  
Blogger AK said...

Khalid

good to see you blogging again

did not know you had left for jordan

9/30/2005 10:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hullo Khalid! It is nice to hear from you, it's been a while. I wondered if you would still have a comments section, since your unfortunate incarceration kinda revolved around that whole comments thing and Raed has since suspended his. Do you have any concerns about this?

Oh, and congrats on getting the education thing lined out! I hope you'll enjoy your new school, please be sure to keep us updated on the process.

10/01/2005 04:48:00 AM  
Blogger Dancewater said...

glad to see you blogging, Khalid, and glad you can go to university again.

sorry you have to wait so long to graduate. I know I would not want to go back to Baghdad after being arrested.

I wish this war was over.

10/01/2005 06:33:00 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

الحمد لله على سلامتك يا خالد
Glad to see you blogging again
ما احب افلام الخيال العلمي اللي قلت عليه هذا
اذا شفت فلم كوميديا رومانسية احكي لنا عليه
باي

10/01/2005 09:56:00 AM  
Blogger Khalid said...

shokra ya tara, bas hatha walla moo khayal 3ilmi, its a pure political movie actually:)
shakhbarich inti?
me*

10/01/2005 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger Hassan said...

Bloggin just got more exciting...

Welcome back Khalid, it is about time.. heheh... Welcome Back...
Hey, and since you are back, there is another blog, that I can't write the address here, but you know it. Think you should stop by, or do I have to start sending Emails AGAIN.
Anyway, it is a refreshing thing to have one of the old guys back to posting, you just made my day Khalid, for the third time.. Welcome Back...

10/01/2005 04:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Back Khalid!
Peace / Nadia

10/01/2005 05:18:00 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

خالد
انا بخير الحمد لله
اخباري موجودة على بلوجي

هذا الفلم بالذات اكو واحد اصحابنا شافه بالامارات و حكى لي اياه
سبحان الله

لا تطوّل الغيبة

10/08/2005 04:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator